Subframe connectors or window adjustments?

In searching for subframe connectors (google) I see a wide variety.. I have a '96 coupe with no go fast options. Will subframe connectors make a difference in body flex? Is the something you have done at body shop (as I'd assume you'd want to make sure everything is level/flat to begin with.) The only reason I suspect that I may have some flex is.. the driver's window hangs on trim unless I close the door by pushing on the glass. Door matches up properly (no hinge wear or adjustment appears needed) Glass doesn't appear to be out of adjustment.. just catches on the little bent metal thing made to hold it into place. Pushing on window to close the door causes the glass to flex inward just a hair.. If I close the door "normally", the glass will hang on the outside of this metal tab and outside of window seal.

Reply to
Chuck

No squeaks or rattles. I do get some torque roll if I get a lead foot, but then I do need to replace the original equipment shocks.. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Lost traction due to more power getting to the rear wheels. Problem is the horsepower addiction.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Chuck, it sounds like just your window needs adjustment. Sub frame connectors are a great upgrade even though the mustang chassis has improved substatially since the first Fox chassis mustang came out in '79. Get a pro to install them if it's beyond your scope.

Reply to
Mark

SFC's do not add more power. The goal is to improve handeling and to increase application of available power to the ground. Tires spin when they lose traction, which can be caused by too much power, or not enough traction. If adding SFC's and not changing power production causes lose of traction, that's a problem. Sure, burning rubber is fun. But it's also wasting power and costing you time. Just ask any racer.

Reply to
.boB

I didn't say SFC's *added* power... I said they are getting more power to the rear wheels. Less HP is lost in the body flex when a car launches.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Easy now. LOL, I know it is a traction problem now. However, it is no longer a severe body flex problem. One day at a time...

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Same thing happened when I put SFC's on my 93. I can "bark" second a lot easier now (without trying, really). Best $100 I ever spent on a car.

Reply to
jmvannoy