Battery developments

Have you noticed the recent advances in battery development. The lithium-ion and new designs for Ni-Cad are very impressive.We are on the way to quickly ramp up the hybrid and full electric vehicles. Look out gasoline price jabbers!

Robert Price An old engineer

aekaaet5

Ah, but look at the prices on lithium ion batteries, too!

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

When the Prius first came on market, I was curious and googled what it would cost to replace the batteries. I recall it was about $7,000 Australian dollars. This means after your warranty is up, your Prius is heading for the junk yard ;(

Reply to
Frank

A top quality car battery should last at least 5 years and even 6, 7 or 8 years, I don't think it has as much to do with miles as time. I suspect the prius hybrid battery would have a similar life span. And the battery could cost anywhere from $4,800 to $7,000 USD according to this site. Maybe the after market guys will get in there and make a cheaper battery.

boxing