brake light

ok can't figure this out....

the left brake light on my truck ( 93 silverado ) konked out and I replaced it this morning. Afterwards I hopped in the truck to head someplace and the emergency brake light was on...faintly but it was on.

Could it be the bulb that is causing the problem for that? Nothing else was done to the truck from the 5 minutes it was turned off to when it was turned back on again after replacing the bulb. The bulb that it called for was a 3157 and I ended up putting a 3057 in it's place because that's what Crappy had on the shelves at the time and the ends were identical. The new bulb is 12.8V and not sure what the original was. Could that be enough to cause a problem?

Reply to
Michael McNeil