Mk1 rav4 brake light

one of my brake lights isn't working - it's a single bulb that lights when the head lights are on - getting brighter when the brakes are applied

it lights up ok with the head lights on - but fails to get brighter when the brakes are pressed? seems odd to me - I'm no expert but I'd expect either a bulb to fail completely - or if it's a brake problem, both lights should fail to light?

any thoughts?

Reply to
Martin

Most bulbs that get brighter when the brakes are put on have dual filiments in them. The same as having two differant bulbs, but in one glass container. There are two contacts on the base of the bulb. Most likely one of the filiments is burnt out in the bulb that does not get brighter. Just replace it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery