Grrrrrr!!! Must be low on blinker fluid!

Jk.. but seriously, my blinkers don't work anymore. I was screwing with the stereo again (which I still can't get to work).. and I'll be damned.. my blinkers don't work at all. I checked all fuses, 1 was blown.. replaced.. still doesn't work. Wtf? Where should I look next? Thanks.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors
Reply to
<memset

Do they all stay lit without blinking, or not work at all? Likely the flasher relay if they light, but do not blink. (There are two for the 98's I believe, one for directionals and one for the 4-ways.)

If they don't light at all, you probably have a short somewhere in the circuit, either in the wiring, a socket, the TS switch itself or even a defective bulb. This may be a good time to make friends with a good automotive electrical tech. They're a rare breed, but worth every penny.

Have you done any work lately that came anywhere near wiring? I once dropped the steering column on a '64 Dodge to replace the TS switch. When I bolted it back up, I managed to trap some wiring and crushed it all up against the grounded steed dash, shorting out 4 or 5 different circuits at once. So much for DIY stuff.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

They don't light up at all =(. I was doing wiring with the stereo... blew a couple fuses before.. caused stuff like speedometer to not work and power locks to not work.. but not blinkers. Now, I've screwed myself pretty bad I think. *sigH*.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

See if that second fuse blew. Sounds like you need someone more electrically inclined... :p

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Definitely seems so now... my brake lights aren't working. That is, the side

  1. The one in the center DOES work. So, blinkers & brake lights. Hmmm... any thoughts?

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Sell it to me for a dollar, heh..

I would start back at square one. That being, remove the radio (don't reinstall the factory radio), and see if that helps. If not, re-install the factory radio and see if that helps. I've heard things about the mach 460 stereo being almost impossible to replace...

HTH

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Try and cycle the hazard switch on and off a couple of times. These run through this switch and if the contacts inside aren't made will cause no blinkers and only the center brake light to operate (alot of times one front turn signal will flash only)

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Tim sent me a private email saying this as well... turned out to be the problem!! I totally forgot I tried to turn on the hazard lights & b/c they didn't work I didn't try to turn 'em back off! Tim thank you so much!! You are the man!!!!!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

So, your 4-ways don't work now? Jeez Mike, if you owned a cemetary, no one would die.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Get it here:

Big Al

They do.. but I hafta try 2-3 times before they will.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

You finally figured that out? he he he he.... glad you got another one figgered out.

| > >my brake lights aren't working. That is, >the side | > >2. The one in the center DOES work. So, >blinkers & brake lights. Hmmm... | any | > >thoughts? | >

| > Try and cycle the hazard switch on and off a couple of times. These run | through | > this switch and if the contacts inside aren't made will cause no blinkers | and | > only the center brake light to operate (alot of times one front turn | signal | > will flash only) | >

| > TIM -aka- | > MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah. Cursed simple things!! Ah well. At least I didn't hafta spend $65/hr for diagnostics just to determine it was the hazard lights switch!! lol

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

I like you SO I am only charging you $60 an hour, and seeing how it took me only a second to diagnose your problem I guess I will bill you for my 2 cents (1.67 cents)

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

What's your paypal addy?

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

At this rate you're going to have to start selling yourself on the corner for maintenance money Mike!

| > K | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

There is NO WAY I would pay $60 an hour for a one second wonder.

*ducking and running*

K.

| | I like you SO I am only charging you $60 an hour, and seeing how it took me | only a second to diagnose your problem I guess I will bill you for my 2 cents | (1.67 cents) | | | TIM -aka- | MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM |

SVTKate

I wouldn't make a dime, Kate. I ain't as perty as you were when you were 20 ;). I know I'm gonna get bashed for that one!!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Ohhhhh Mikie Mikie.... When I was in my 20's it was in the 70's.

You never heard of FREE love?

Gawd. Do I have to teach you kids EVERYthing?

Mom

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Ok, now that is really, really funny.... My wife is a little upset as I woke her up as I was laughing too loud, but it was worth it!!!

Needed that chuckle! Thanks!!

Reply to
memyself&I