Camber Caster Gauge

Hi all, Just purchased a Camber Caster Gauge 2501/2 made by Replex Pty Ltd. Melbourne Australia. There where no instructions with it. Can anyone help me on set-up and use please? The gauge has 3 bubble levels; one fixed for camber one fixed for horizintal (axis of car) one for camber which can be adjucted by means of a thumb screw. The gge has a strong 3in dia magnetic disk at one end, the camber and caster levels being at right angles to this. I have a rough idea on how to use it, but would like confirmation. Regards Geoff - UK

Reply to
GeoffH

If it's like similar gauges that I've used, you set the camber, zero the castor bubble with the wheels straight ahead, and read the castor after turning the wheels to 20 degrees from straight ahead. Helps if you have a turn plate.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Stan Kasperski

Thanks Brian and Stan for the quick response. Turning the wheels slipped my by. Must knock up some turn plates. Haven't done any of this since my racing days which is just toooo far in the past. Makes me feel old just thinking how far back it was :-) Regards Geoff

Reply to
GeoffH