Cannot remove flywheel, Ford Ranger 3.0l

Ford Ranger

2002 3.0l V6 5 speed manual

I pulled the six bolts which hold the flywheel to the crank. But the flywheel refuses to be pulled. It looks like there is a retaining collar - connected to the crankshaft - which prevents the flywheel from being removed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
luftgekuhlt

Probably just stuck. Screw in one clutch bolt and pry it out. Should pull the flywheel loose.

Reply to
B.B.

Try bolting a steering wheel puller to the flywheel and an impact to remove it, if its factory installed its gonna be very difficult to remove. shouldnt be any sort of retaining collar on the flywheel. Hope this helps. Brett B.

Reply to
Malibu81

Thanks much for the advice. After more work and penetrating oil, the flywheel finally came off. In all my years I had never seen one which was removed with such difficulty.

Reply to
luftgekuhlt

well im glad you got it off, i really like these groups, im new to all of this and all the answers are greatly appreciated. Brett B

Reply to
Malibu81