Reading OBD Codes, 2002 Ranger V6

2002 Ford Ranger 3.0l V6

Engine warning lamp is [on]. I tried two OBD-II readers, neither seemed to recognize they were plugged in to the connector, (under the dash, driver's side)

According to an OBD-II schematic I located, pin #16 should show 12v. Although I don't know if this is a requirement for the readers.

I checked pin #16 with my voltage tester, and it read nothing - no voltage. Checked with engine running, engine off, and ignition switch to [on].

Any ideas on this? Bad connector? If so could I jumper 12v to pin #16 in order to get the reader to work?

Thanks.

Reply to
Term Limits Now

You most probably have a blown fuse. There is a 20a fuse for the OBD connector and an accessory plug-in.

Reply to
InTheNorthLand

Reply to
philthy