car shakes/wobbles when driving

Question for you all. My truck shakes while driving. It actually feels more like a wobble.. which is worst below 50 mph. It almost feels like i am driving with loose tires (the tires ARE tightly on the vehicle). The steering wheel turns slight left and then right with the vibration. Could it be maybe bad wheel bearings? It's an older vehicle

1990... Thanks for any suggestions you all might have.
Reply to
ladeedadeedaadaa

Hard to say - you'll have to check a number of things, but it sounds very much like a ply separation of one of the tires. You will want to:

  • Check all tires for a ply separation
  • Check all steering components
  • Check all suspension components
Reply to
mst

check for a bent rim, if it's not that rotate the tires front to back you may have a shifted belt on one of your tires.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

oh yeah... 1990 is an older vehicle? LOL I must be out of touch :)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That's what it was... some times the simplest things are also the simplest to overlook. Thank you all for your time.

Reply to
ladeedadeedaadaa

Bearings would have made noise, usually high pitched squealing.

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community network homepage:

William R. Watt

Did you lose a wheel weight?