car with best ratio of perceived sexiness to cost?

No point in being coy about what I'm looking for :) Everyone knows there are certain cars that people look at -- do we really have to be P.C. and say "people"? -- that women look at, and think "money". What are some of the most cost-efficient cars out there that trigger that kind of reaction? For example it looks like a Ford Mustang convertible can be had for about $20,000 while a Jaguar convertible can cost about $90,000, despite the fact that the Mustang would usually do just as good of a job.

I hope there's not too much resentment among serious car afficionados towards people who are looking for a fancy car just to look good. We are helping to keep the industry going, after all :) (I'm also trying to find something that has a back row of passenger seats, and which is an automatic... as if you weren't all sneering at me enough, I can't drive a stick shift. Although if it would save me thousands of dollars on a chick magnet car, I might be willing to learn.)

Reply to
Bennett Haselton

Bugatti Veyron?

this one might be slightly more expensive than the mustang.

Reply to
Pszemol

On Nov 2, 5:40 pm, Bennett Haselton wrote: that has a back row of passenger seats, and which is

Get a matchbox car, put it in your pocket, and walk around.

The chicks will imagine, from the awkward way you're walking that you spend most of your time driving a fancy sportscar.

But seriously, the sexiness/cost ratio is probably best with no car at all. It's easy for a car to backfire when local fashions change and it'll make you look like a wanker. It's a fine line, you should just get something you personally feel good in, then you'll notice the pervs.

Reply to
nottoooily

Do you want to look rich, or do you want to look cool?

If you want to look cool, consider the original VW bug. You can find one for under a couple thousand, and believe it or not, women really look at them. They aren't all that fun to drive, perhaps, but people wave at you on the highway.

If you want to look rich, consider an early-seventies Mercedes. They are available very cheaply and have that "hand me down from my very rich father" old money look.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Ah. You're trolling for s**nk. Sorry, if a woman is attracted to that kind of car as opposed to being able to recognize a vintage classic, I find it a complete turn-off.

Reply to
Steve

As if asking the original question DOESN'T???

:-p

Reply to
Steve

How 'bout you buy a car that you think looks good, then you'll "attract" the kind of women that share your values?

nate

('54 Studebaker coupe would be my pick...)

Reply to
N8N

Just hope that attracts the kind of woman that carries her own impact wrench.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Oddly enough, I am attracted to precisely that type of female :) See, the theory works!

nate

Reply to
N8N

Any of the old Boat Tail Roadster cars are almost 100 percent guaranteed to attract women.A couple of days ago, I was watching an old Cary Grant Topper movie.I think that was a Graham Boat Tail Roadster convertible car he was driving. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin