caREFUL where you plug in that car...

Bad cop! He probably wastes a lot more when he ducks into a Dunkin' Donuts and flirts with the waitress on the taxpayer's dime. Electricity is so cheap that there's free charging stations at some locations over here.

Reply to
dsi1

Could any aware person possibly be surprised by the fact that it was perpetrated upon a "non-white" in the South?

Reply to
.

It's a very unjust and unfair world we live in. The cops wanted to ruin somebody's day for any number of dumb, random, reasons. No evil was thwarted.

Reply to
dsi1

I actually kind of get the point, although it was apparently driven home with a sledgehammer. You don't just take a gallon of water from my spigot either without asking, even though it costs me essentially nothing...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I once read somewhere a few years about some people who moved into a duplex arartment building. They cut into the drywall and connected a cord to the other people who lived next door, electric line.

Reply to
JR

There was a bit more to it than what the headlines say. It was his son's school but the father lived in another area. It was the father who was taking the tennis lessons. He had been there on a number of previous occasions had had been told not to cone back.

Some of the comments from the newspaper:

"The officer's initial incident report gives a good indication of how difficult and argumentative the individual was to deal with. He made no attempt to apologize or simply say oops and he wouldn't do it again. Instead he continued being argumentative, acknowledged he did not have permission and then accused the officer of having damaged his car door. The officer told him that was not true and that the vehicle and existing damage was already on his vehicles video camera from when he drove up." . . .

"Sgt Ford was further advised that Mr. Kamooneh had previously been advised he was not allowed on the school tennis courts without permission from the school . This was apparently due to his interfering with the use of the tennis courts previously during school hours."

Apparently, this guy is a jerk, and his behavior has caught up with him." \

There are a lot more.

Reply to
bugalugs

My carport has an electric outlet on the wall, it is the kind that is in an electrical external box and mounted on the wall. I am wondering if I should get rid of it?

Reply to
JR

Install a coin operated meter. Like the ones at a car wash.

Reply to
Retired

Coin operated meter? That is an Idea, but I don't think I have seen even one electric car around here. We burn gas and diesel.

Reply to
JR

this is a great idea. Soon at Home Depot they will have a "sell your electricity" kit we can all install on our home's outdoor outlets, so that passersby with dying electric cars can plug-in for a few dollars.

brilliant! (good for the kit marketer/seller, anyway) They may already be available in SkyMall catalogs

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

and click on, Products, and then click on Electric Vehicle Charging

Reply to
JR

So when will they start arresting people who plug in their laptops at airports? Last time I was there I didn't see any signs saying the electricity from those outlets was free. What about in Coffee shops? Lots of them have no signs saying the electric is free. Yet I get it the owner called to have someone arrested the police would laugh in their face. The cop who arrested this guy for plugging in his car ought to be fired. The desire for "gvt" to encourage people to buy electric cars to "help" the economy is all over the news and to me it would be expected for people with electric cars to plug in to ANY gvt facility where there is a plug unless there is a physical sign up saying not to. The cop should be fired and never allowed to work again.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

The difference is between the nature of businesses with voluntary customers and the nature of governmen, which is force.

Yes, I understand that airports are generally government run, but the spaces people plug in are at the very least are leased by businesses.

Reply to
Brent