Cars And Metric Fasteners ?

Don't need paperweights as much anymore either since the invention of air conditioning.

Reply to
Matt

jim beam wrote in news:up-dnein8c- rbnrRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

A miracle has happened!!!!!! I agree with you. we should have gone all metrics back in the 70s when first proposed. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Very odd to see a 13mm on a Japanese car, because Asians are superstitious and triskadecaphobic...

What Imperial size does 13mm translate to? It's .53", so it's a bit bigger than 1/2.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

.513

And 11mm is almost exac

Reply to
Steve Austin

almost exac....what?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

0.43307086614
Reply to
Bret

I have not heard that the Japanese had anything against 13, my guess is that they just like 12 and 14. I know that the number 4 is not a good number because it sounds like their word for "death."

The Chinese like the number 8. Somehow they were able to hold the Beijing Olympics on 8-8-08 starting at 8:08. Quite remarkable!

I used to have a wrench that came in a toolkit in a Fiat. That one had a

13mm and 15mm wrench in it. That was an odd wrench...

I pretty much consider them to be interchangeable.

Reply to
dsi1