Changing from ECM distributor to after market distributor-any thoughts???

I have a 1989 Chevy 350 K1500 with TBI. I'm looking for advice with my ECM controled distributor. Has anyone changed over top an after market high performance distributor. Is there any performance benefit or am I just shooting in the dark.

Reply to
B Taradena

Unless you have super-modified the engine so that the stock ignition is no longer adequate, I can't see there being any significant improvement..

Reply to
Robert Hancock