Changing spark plugs

I need to change the spark plugs in my 1999 Buick Regal v6 engine. Does anyone have any advice on how to change the rear plugs.

Thanks,

-Tom Bloom snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com

Reply to
Tom Bloom

If it's anything like the 3.1L engine in my '90 Cutlass, I had to rotate the engine forward a few inches.

Block the wheels, put the tranny in neutral, remove and set aside the coolant overflow bottle (if it's in the way in front, if it's on the side, then skip this step), disconnect both "dog-bone" engine mounts from the engine side only (leave them connected at the other/forward end), pull the engine forward with a crowbar (inserted down into the passenger side engine mount bracket) and while you hold it there, get a helper (it is possible to do this by yourself) to re-insert one of the engine mount bolts through the (driver's side) engine mounting bracket and through a hole on the bottom of the dog-bone itself.

Now you can get at the back side of the engine to change: plugs, PVC, O2 sensor, alternator.

-PapaRick

Tom Bloom wrote:

Reply to
Rick Colombo

Of course, if it's like my '92 Regal with a 3.8, you just have to reach back there and do it by feel, busted knuckles and all.

-- Mike

Reply to
Mike O'Malley