Engine Shaking after changing spark plugs & Wires ??????

I have a 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with a V6. I had my spark plugs & wires changes yesterday due to rough idling. Yet, when it was all said done, the engine is now shaking a bit. (Was not happening before). We tested to see if the all the spark plugs were firing and they were. I pretty sure its a misfire somewhere, because the car sputters when I come to a stop. I plan on getting a diagnostic ran to confirm my theory this weekend, but I was wondering if anyone had this problem before and could offer advice. Thanks

Reply to
blackmanofsteel40

Check the firing order, two spark plug wires swapped will definitely do this.

nate

Reply to
N8N

What kind of plugs did you put in it? Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Autolite Resistor...these are the non-platinum edition. They were 1.49 each

Reply to
blackmanofsteel40

Are the connectors all pushed down solid on the plugs and into the distributor? If it is shaking, as you get with misfiring you can confirm which plug is causing the problem by selectively removing one wire at a time from a plug.

Reply to
John S.

check firing order!!

Reply to
haroldcalvert

Profile:

View this thread:

Yes. My father once had a tune-up at a tune-up shop. (This was back when cars actually needed tune-ups.) They gave it back to him with 2 wires crossed. Great service.

Reply to
jjsant

Those are not the correct plugs for the application.

Install the correct spark plugs.

Reply to
anumber1