Check Engine Light code 2002 Dodge Ram 4.7L V8

Hello - I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 4.7L V8 I did the on off on off on trick with the key in the ignition and got two codes for my check engine light

P0442 P1491

The first one is in my Haynes Manual -

EVAP system leak monitor, medium (0.40) leak detected

Question #1 - what does that mean? I was told it is something with my fuel vapor recovery system and that it may be under a 7/70 warranty on my emissions of my dodge. Anyone know?

Question #2 - the P1491 code is not in my manual. Anyone know what that code is? I was told it might be a cooling fan fuse.

Thanks for any help

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Could be a loose gas cap. If it's something else, it should be covered by the emmissions warranty.

According to my ODB2 Reader documentation, for Chrysler, that's "Radiator fan relay control circuit." Could be the fuse or the relay.

Reply to
Ed H.

I know how to replace a fuse; what's involved in changing a relay?

Reply to
Brian

The same as replacing a fuse, just pull it out and plug the new one in.

Reply to
TBone