ML350 with P0022 OBD Code & Check engine light ON

The P0022 code equates to 'Camshaft Position Actuator A - Bank 2 Timing Over-Retard' Reading various posts on the internet suggests replacing the Camshaft Magnetic Sensor on the Driver side , intake camshaft. I have done that work with a new Mercedes part and then attempted to clear the code on using the Actron OBD II PocketScan Code Reader. The P0022 code comes right back after I erase it. Do you have any suggestions. Did I replace the appropriate Sensor? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
jb

Just because it spit out that code does NOT means that sensor is bad. It basically said that there is a problem at that corner of the engine. Over Retard... can mean a lot of things... why is the engine over retarding the timing at that corner but not the rest of the engine?

Bad fuel? Lower octane fuel will cause engine to retard timing... but just that corner? What is the mileage of the car? Spark plug changed? Fuel injection cleaned? Maybe something else.

My suggestion is continue to search on internet about this issue... someone must have ran into this problem and posted their solution.

Reply to
Tiger