Checking for Recalls?

Is there a website at which one can input a Ford VIN code and learn, for that specific vehicle, which recalls apply to it and which of those recalls have been completed? I suspect Ford dealers have access to something like that, but if so is it also available directly on-line to the public?

Reply to
CWLee

Ford dealers have OASIS, (online automotive service information system, I think) If the car is fairly recent, they can enter the VIN and tell you everything know about the car, including dealer service, work performed and recalls. While they have a reputation to screw people over, it's nice to keep a good relation with your dealer's parts man and service adviser. If you buy a car that needs a recall, you should eventually get a notice in the mail that your car has an outstanding recall, Ford-manufactured or otherwise.

Reply to
Kruse

This site has the recalls and if you make sure you are registered with Ford as the owner, you should get them in the mail also.

Mike

2000 Cherokee Sport 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame and everything else in '09. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Go to

Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred> cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and> promote for performance, not preferences.>>

Reply to
C. E. White

Thanks, but the long URL you posted (perhaps two jammed together) doesn't work for me - probably because I don't know where one stops and the other starts and ends. I'd appreciate it if you would repost the URL(s?) with a couple of lines of separation. Thanks.

Reply to
CWLee

I've never had any problem at all walking into the dealer with the VIN, and having them run the open recalls for me, with any brand. IANAL, but I think it is required as part of the recall law, at least for safety-related recalls. And since their big computer in the sky keeps them all in one system, they give them all to me. It has worked out great for me a couple of times- free rotors and tailgate on one car, and a free cat on another.

Reply to
aemeijers

"CWLee" wrote in news:P5Sdnaodw8YFDbPWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Any Internet URL will begin with a protocol. In this case, it's HTTP.

If you know that basic information, you'll know where to parse White's apparently single line message. (What happened to his new-lines? Did Microsoft [ugh] do him a mischief?)

Here's the actual and usable URL:

The other URL was a TinyURL link for those who have difficulty getting their heads around URL construction. Here that is:

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9CE7C7E45B408tegger@208.90.168.18:

Ain't that always the way - Tiny URL says it doesn't have it.

Reply to
fred

Don't know why it smashed everything together...

The long version:

The correct Tinyurl version:

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Thanks for the correction. I ran the VIN codes from both my cars through that system and it shows no outstanding recalls. Good to know, and much easier than a trip to a dealer and the usual hassles there. Thanks for everyone's assistance.

Reply to
CWLee