recall

I know its the wrong group but does any one know where i could find details of ford recalls?

Im particularly interested in the ford transit connect security recall, whats the problem?

Reply to
j*

-- to e-mail me ROT13 decode my e-mail address before the @.

/dev/null

I went to :

and entered my VIN. Came up with only one recall on my VIN. The battery cable thing. Upon close inspection looks like it's been done already.

I wonder if I should believe this or not? Only one?

2000 Focus LX I purchased it used a week ago with 15000 mi on it. Only complaints so far is a whine from lower engine area when cold, It sounds like it's coming from the AC compressor. Also a slight groan from the front end when rolling to a stop. Otherwise love it. Little engine - little 0-60 time :-]

John Doe

Reply to
John Doe

Reply to
Van & Joan Hada

Isn't it possible the site lists only outstanding UNFIXED recalls for each vehicle? That would make the most sense, not baloney :^)

Reply to
Charles Gillen

I thought so.

So now what do I do. I bought it at a Dodge dealer, used. Nice guys

- wrong motor co. There's a Ford dealer next door to them. Guesse I'll print out the long list of recalls from that other site and go over there and start with them.

How do I know if any of these have already been done? Call the Cust. Relations. number or whatever? Be nice if I could do this online with the VIN though.

-------

Reply to
John Doe

The website only shows the outstanding recalls, it doesn't show the recalls that have already been completed. I am sure if you call up Ford, they can tell you when and where any other recalls that apply to your car (not all Focuses have the same list of recalls) were performed.

My 2000 Focus had two or three recalls done already, and the only one that shows up on the website is the pinch bolt/battery cable recall that I haven't got around to yet.

Reply to
Mark Olson

All I've ever had to do is call my Ford dealer and talk to the service dept. and they've told me if there any undone recalls. I saved myself a trip down to check out my husbands used car (Ford) and to make sure my Focus doesn't have any more recalls. I now have a 2003 ZX5 so I no longer bother them. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

Thanks Folks,

"2003 ZX5" - nice! - enjoy!

John (My name really is John BTW, last init. G.)

Reply to
John Doe

IRT the 2003 ZX5, So far we do not have any recalls...only a dozen or so Tech Service Bulletins(TSB). Of which only 2 are covered under warranty. The rest are for Information Only.

I know the front brakes are a problem, solved by Aftermarket Rotors and Pads (eliminates brake dust)

I am hoping I do not have the dreaded inner rear wheel wear :-(

Linda, are you experiencing any bumps or creaks in the front end during turns and while turning over bumps? It's one of the TSB's I think I have wrong.

-- Dan - Va

2003 ZX5 21K Mi "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it" - George Santyana

Reply to
2003FocusZX5

OK---I'll bite - what's the inner wheel wear issue as I think I've missed that one so far. I got my car in June 2003 and only have 7100 miles or so on it...I'm getting ready to have my oil changed and snow tires put on as deer season started and all mechanics are on holiday until Wednesday...I've only had my tires rotated once. The brake dust is an old issue (I had a 2000 wagon) so I'm familiar with it. Since there is no coverage with the warranties I'll just have my local mechanic replace them with better ones when that time comes... Linda (PS - as far as the bumps and squeaks that's normal too as I had that with the

2000 - it's just movement of the (struts) I think - let me know your take on it.)
Reply to
HbgpodLW

---------------- Tire wear - Apparently some of the Foci had the wrong part/parts installed in the rear suspension. If, I say again, IF you notice rear tire inner edge wear, then have your service tech check the rear CAMBER alignment. (TSB

03-13-5). Covered under bumper-bumper warranty!!! Thank goodness I haven't noticed it in mine yet. Just keep an eye on it.

Brake Dust - A lot of cars including Chevy's (I had a S-10 Blazer) have break dust. The easy fix is a different pad. Also higher quality rotors would be a good fix as well.

the link for Need Brakes and fill in the info across the top.$$$Prices seem reasonable?? Bumps & Squeaks - Normal? Only if something wasn't put together properly. My Mazda MPV doesn't Bump and Grind at low speeds turning and over bumps. Ford released TSB 03-15-3, which states that "some" 2000-2003 Foci "may" exhibit a front end creaking, crunching, grinding and or rattling noise from the front suspension while driving at slow speeds and/or while turning.

  1. Inspect for loose stabilizer bar end links. How did they just come loose? Maybe they weren't put together properly in the first place. (Foci Rule #1)
  2. 2000-2001 - Upper Strut Spring Seat (say that 3 x fast) out of position. How did it get "out of position"? See Rule #1
  3. If noise is present while turning it says you have to remove the struts(not an easy feat, leave that for the experienced) and inspect for Missalignment. How did they get missaligned? Rule #1 NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY :-( Unless you can sweet talk your dealership into taking care of this for you.

Color - Mine is Red too.

-- Dan

2003 ZX5 Red 21.2K Miles "Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it" - George Santyana
Reply to
2003FocusZX5

I guess I'll have to find a parking lot with a lot of the speed bumps in it and drive around...as I'm used to hearing the clunk clunk sound when I go over them from the old car but not sure from the newer one. I spent a lot of time with the A/C on and the stereo cranked up...it may have been covered here but since the cold weather started has anyone else a high pitch whining from the alternator when first started ? I have short term memory loss so unless I print something out I'm S.O.L. and as fas as number 3 - my car has 7000 miles on it and if that's the case they will do it and I will not pay for it. Least of my worries to be honest.Have fun in the snow. Linda ZX5 Sangria red...

Reply to
HbgpodLW

In my 2001 ZX3 (only 11K miles thus far) I find that when navigating a speed bump even at crawl speed I hear a hell of a lot of creaking and crunching from the suspension. Began to think it was a "feature" rather than a "bug". No other car I ever owned ever protested so much at a speed bump.

Reply to
Charles Gillen

To me imperfections are acceptable for a vehicle that costs thousands less than the others. I had already been to the dealer's website and had mulled over their used car inventory. I had also researched each on the internet forums and NGs. Every car I researched had endless complaimts from owners. Yes even Honda and Toyota. When I actually test drove them and got a feel for the cars, I instinctivly went for the Focus. The whole deal just felt better. John . . .

properly.

Reply to
John Doe