Chevy G2500 Transmission

Whenever I drive my van and reach about 45 to 55 miles per hour. It feels like it looses the gear that its in and the engine revs up and the van doesn't do anything but slow down. I recently changed the transmission fluid and filter but that didn't help. I normally shift to third gear, to get it moving again, then back. Any advice?

Reply to
Jay

?Any advice?

========= =========

Spend around $200 and have it flushed.

or......

Spend around $129 and get a General Mechanic shop to hook a scanner to it, take it for a test drive, drop the pan on it, then call you up with a guess.

or........

Spend around $75 and have the fluid and filter changed.

or.......

Spend around $15 and get you a bottle of "fix anything" from the AutoZonedOut store, and pour it in.

or.........

FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE......no charge to you........ today only....or tomorrow...or next week.....and for as long as I can remember...which is a fairly LONG time...... any ole tranny shop will tell you what's wrong with it.

there are your options.......

as for me.....i ain't gotta clue, cuz i aint really shure what tranny you have......

you could jest ck the fluid...

never know......maybe git lucky.

~:~ MarshMonster ~piss's in his coffee cup.....pours in some crownroyal..... takes a big slug.......mmmmmmmm........... goooooood stuff~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Your overdrive has failed or is failing. No magic in a bottle is going to fix this one for you unfortunately. I had a car or two do that over the years and usually just drove them in third until some other horrible thing happened to the transmission.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Money not spent...........is money saved.

~:~ marsh ~sips his shroom juice........thinks that ole Steve is a thrifty fk~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster