choosing an used sending unit/ gas pump

please dun reply to my bogus email addr.

I am an owner of a 1992 escort wagon. My car starts to develop rust issue. Lately i discovered that my sending unit had been all rusted out and the juncture to my gas line was rusted out so badly that gas spilled. I am trying to shop around for an used one right now. Since I never change that assembly before, I wonder if anyone could give me some useful suggestions what to look for to ensure the best used part? Though most recyclers give me milage indications of parts, I think I would still rely on my visual inspection instead.

On the other hand, I will be putting the parts in myself and I would like to know if there are anything I should pay attention to during installation of the sending unit.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
billy