fuel sending unit 63 Valiant

I took off the gas tank on my '63 Plymouth Valiant and need a fuel sending unit. I was able to get the outside ring holder off OK, and the mechanism that came out is pretty rusty. The local dealer says it's not available and no one in the US has one. Said it's Mopar part # 2421493. Any ideas on where I can get something like this? And is the end filter piece separate? Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Reply to
David Streb

Layson's,Paddock, Year One. They should also have the 'sock' or end filter.

I know of two mid-60's valiants that still have their units in the local yard.

good luck on your search.

-rob

Reply to
Rob Armstrong

The original part number has been superceded by 4051004. Go to Partsvoice and enter either number in their search engine:

sender has a fairly wide interchangeability, from '63-'74 in Darts andValiants. John

Reply to
John Kunkel