Chrysler LHS Cooling Fans

My 1997 Chrysler LHS 3.5 Liter radiator cooling fans cut in too late and cut out too soon. In idle, the guage creeps to middle of scale or higher. I've checked all connections indicated in my FSM and also ran fans manually (they both work in both speeds). Relays are OK.

Is it true that these fans are also regulated by Intake Air Temperature Sensor, Output Speed Sensor and Transmission Oil Temperature Sensor? I'm inclined to try a new Intake Air Temperature Sensor, if somebody can confirm that this can affect the problem.

Does anybody know?

Tks,

-Hank

Reply to
Hank NB

why do you think that they are not working properly? what is the temp that the fan comes on at?

Reply to
jfrancis311

Before this problem ocurred the guage was always at a point below the center line of the guage which is also the point it settles to when driving at moderate highway speeds. Now when I drive at low speed say in a traffic line-up or when I'm standing still the guage climbs to a point above the center line.

Hank

Reply to
Hank NB