Contoversial anti-theft system in cars (gas) ?

Four of five years ago in newspapers I read about one of south Asian country (can't remember which one, Indonesia, Malaysia, I don't know) which allowed a strange automobile anti-theft system which will lock-up doors and windows upon unauthorized entry, and release a deadly gas in a car, killing a burglar, thus successfully preventing theft. It was also written that European Union did not allowed the system in Europe. After that, I didn't see anything written about this anti-theft ever again in newspapeers. Please, does someone know more about this, is there a web page which explains this system in a greater detail, a company's web site, or a site that discusses ethics of the system.

Thank you.

Reply to
picilli