Cooper LifeLiner SLE touring tires OK?

Had brake job done on my 2000 Mazda Protege ES last week

Mechanic said I will need new tires soon.

He recommends:

Cooper Life Liner Touring in 195-55-R16 with V speed rating

Advice on Cooper tires?

Reply to
me

Forgot some info

Cost will be $414 for four tires

$24 labor cots

Four wheel alignment at $68.50

Disposal, etc

Total cost for tires, mounting, balance is $526.03

Reply to
me

Interesting... I checked on TireRack.com to see what they say about Cooper tires.. Apparently they dont handle them.

The tire suggested by their 'wizard' was a little bit different in size from the one you mention above. They come up with a 205-45-16, but mention you should check your OEM tire sidewall to be sure what you need.

I have no personal experience or knowledge of Cooper tires.

Reply to
<HLS

Cooper is a great tire maker and the Lifeliner is a great tire. You will be happy with them.

Reply to
jfrancis311

The experience with Cooper tires that I have had - was satisfactory. Pep Boys handles them, I think.

The set you mentioned seemed a little pricey, but may be the going price for them.

you might check pep boys or discount tire for comparable tires of an ordinary series - unless you just want "touring" tires.

I use michelin, but futura tires at pep boys - made by cooper tires have served me well too. =3D=3D I like a package deal when I buy tires - new stems, lifetime balance / rotation /

road hazard guarantee / flat repairs - all included in the original purchase price - at discount tire.

package deals elsewhere - might be different.

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron

Sorry this is a mistake above

Should read 195-55-R15

NOT R16

Reply to
me

Good as any other. Do you normally drive between 130 mph and 149 mph?

Reply to
« Paul »

No

But for some reason my owners manual says I need V rating

Why is that you think? Have 2000 Mazda Protege ES

Reply to
me

tire info site.

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron

Because they want to impress you: =2E.."Oooh, V rated tires. Absolutely great. I can go 145 mph. It makes me feel virile (capable of functioning as a male in copulation).= " Sex sells cigarettes, too. Forget the speed rating, go for sticky-ness, heat rating, and lastly trea= d wear.

Reply to
« Paul »