Cressida engine idle/accelerating problem?

Hi there, I posted this message under cressida but think its more useful posting it here; I've got an 85 Cressida thats having rough idle problems. Not only idle, but while accelerating or reving the engine, there seems to be some hesitation and a vibration from 800 to 2500rpm or more. It is having this problem on petrol and also on lpg, so that eliminates injector problems(?) The only worry I had was cleaning the engine (high pressure). I sealed up the air flow meter and connections, the injectors, and all ignition (coil, dizzy etc) and used detergent then blasted the whole engine bay down. It would not start for a few hours after this, so just let it sit for a day, then it started - a little rough to start with. I've had the car for 2 months now, and am sure that the problem wasnt there originally. My methods for checking faults:

-put new ignition leads on

-new spark plugs

-changed coil to check

-disconnected air flow meter (is working)

-checked all vacuum hoses for connection

-egr valve is working

but still has the problem. I have shorted the terminals on the 'diagnosis' but am not getting any flashing codes. Does anyone know any other problem/s that may be the cause?? Also, for that model (1985) I've read that there should be a VF (voltage feedback) throught the diagnosis box but i'm not getting any readings? Any help would be appreciated. Im just starting on this forum, so hopefully I can help someone out in the future! Cheers

Reply to
Enil8r