W140 cruise control not working

S300 (five speed elec. auto) cruise stopped working - any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
Co Ltd

Have consulted numerous experts down here under tha bridge wif me an ah kin say most definitealy thet it is busted! An ya shuld take it into Hanz und Franz and pay a few hundered dollars and let them fix it.

mcbrue advisingfreely under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Please try to use less technical terms. Not all of us have your background.

Reply to
REInvestments

wall tt - er thas tough ... er... uh ... tough taffey! Two bad yall caint talk rite an dont have no gud techneckal bakground! Usns down under tha bridge no thet them ole cruze kontrol iz broke! If ya got sum duck tape an ya wanta come on down, we mite be convinced ta fix it fer ya ifn ya brings sum gud stuff ta lubricate tha boyz in tha bak!

mcbrue offeringhelply under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Reply to
Ennui Society

I had one that worked intermittently. The dealership (under warranty) replaced the electronic module and the wiring harness. It still did not work. After some guy at an intersection said "hey, your brake lights aren't working" I took it back in to the dealership, had them replace the brake light switch, and voila the cruise control worked.

Reply to
Josh

Thanks for that - will try today

That is exactly why I am lopathed to takje it in - dont mind paying if they go staight to the fault and fix it - but they always seem to poke and hope, and thats with the might of the factory behind them. If you were out of warraty you know the bill would have been for the module the harness loads of time AND the brakelight switch!

Reply to
Co Ltd