'94 Toyota trunk security "kill" button???

We've got a '94 Corolla we got used in 1996. I was lubricating the locks & accidently activated my "trunk security system" which I didn't know existed. Now I'm unable to UNLOCK the trunk even 'tho I'm using the "master key". In the owners manual it does NOT explain how the turn OFF the "trunk security" system. Can anybody tell me if there a button I need to push, hidden somewhere? I did see this feature mentioned on a couple web pages, but none of them covered a Corolla. I don't really wanna talk to a dealer - he no doubt will want us to drive over and pay him some dough! I could do that, but should I have to? My owner's manual SHOULD tell me how this is done! Instead of that, Toyota has printed the info about how to ACTIVATE their %@#* trunk security system TWICE on page 13, but failed to explain how to REMOVE the "security system"! - T.I.A.

Reply to
wallyone88

How was it activated? That might give someone a clue how to deactivate it.

Reply to
Brent P

Hello,

So at this point, the slot is horizontal, correct? If in fact you ARE using the master key, you should be able to turn it C.W. to unlock it. If not, then it's most likely the valet key. Also, I believe valet keys won't allow access to the glovebox either.

Finally, I think valet keys have a more rounded tip but I'm not sure.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim H.

Hello,

So at this point, the slot is horizontal, correct? If in fact you ARE using the master key, you should be able to turn it C.W. to unlock it. If not, then it's most likely the valet key. Also, I believe valet keys won't allow access to the glovebox either.

Finally, I think valet keys have a more rounded tip but I'm not sure.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim H.

Hello, Very likely you are correct. We apparently have only the "valet" key(s) and all of our keys are copies of that job. My wife will call a dealer today, and she is relactant to use her car until it's fixed. I did see some pic. of these two kinds of keys (somewhere) but don't recall what the difference was, but it seems there WAS some fairly obvious difference. Thanks for your input. - Wally

Reply to
wallyone88