Crushing clunkers.

And there they go.What will it be next,,, cash for dishwashers? They wont get my little four legged dishwasher! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

In this part of the south, we dont make light of our animal friends.

Reply to
hls

Nope:

See NBC news tongiht.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Will Bulldozing Homes Follow Cash for Clunkers?

My house was built in 1947.I hope fed govt doesn't bulldoze my home. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

They are bulldozing all of us.. Hope you are happy with your new president.

Reply to
hls

Oh yeah!

But, I like dental pain, too...

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

wearethegovernmentandweareheretohelpyou.

I despise All politicians.

A lady friend who lived in Arlington,Texas, she was an operating room nurse.She died a few years ago of cancer.She once said, If government would only leave us alone, we would all be happy.

She was right too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Agreed, for sure!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

Until she died from the flu because she couldn't afford a hospital no doubt. Happens to thousands in the US every year.

Reply to
fred

"hls" wrote in news:jfednaNlcagZ4h3XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You're kidding right? That's just about the least offensive joke I've seen on usenet all year - not that that's saying a lot.

Reply to
fred

You are free to donate as much money and time as you like to assist them.

Reply to
Roger Blake

She used to own a horse.She used to ride her horse on weekends, she kept her horse at one of her brother's places.She had to sell her horse because it was costing her $500.00 each month for upkeep. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Flu shots are $25. That's about an hour's worth of crack.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I'm calming down after the last flame war.

Reply to
hls

And every time you check into a hospital, you do.... you wind up paying for all of the other people who have used emergency services there without the ability to pay.

I don't much trust the government to run a health care system... but I sure as hell don't trust the insurance and pharmaceutical folks who run the current mess any better.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

They have meds for that. But they may not be covered under Obamacare...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

My sentiments exactly..

However, I have lived under a national health system and it worked VERY well indeed. The government was quite a bit more responsible than the one we have in place now.

The insurance and pharma people are shooting fish (us) in a barrel here.

Reply to
hls

How happy would she have been if the US had refused to bail out Texas in

1865 and Mexico re-asserted its territorial claims?
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Well, I trust them to run it for their own benefit. So it ends up being all of us little people vs the big health care corporations. Guess who wins?

What we need is to band together in some sort of health care consumer cooperative. That way we could direct our purchasing power to wherever we get the best deals.

Cooperative? Oh wait. That's what a government is supposed to be.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

No it is not. Government is a collection of thugs who have a monopoly on the legitimized use of force. Every action of government is an act of violence; whether implied, threatened, or actual. The founders of the U.S. understood this basic nature of the State and therefore sought to limit the power and scope of the national government.

Reply to
Roger Blake