Cash for Clunkers

Now I know how to get rid of the pristine 1972 Beetle! I'm gonna use it as a Cash for Clunkers to get another cheap-ass vehicle that starts, runs year around in Minnesota, does not whine, break down out of nowhere.

$4200 bucks! Why, thats about what I have into it!

(Don't shoot me yet. I'm keeping the '58 and the Bradley GTII-E)

-- John Boy

Reply to
John Stafford

The car you turn in must be 1982 or newer and the gas mileage must be below

18mpg. It must have been registered, insured, and supposedly your daily driver for 3 full years prior to the purchase. The amount of credit you get is two tiered and based off of the amount of gas mileage improvement. Also, the purchased vehicle must be new.

I had the same idea.

Reply to
Funkie

In other words, if you had enough money to buy that big, expensive Hummer, you get the rebate. Otherwise you're outa luck ...

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

1982! That's not old. Which reminds me, it's 2009, time to clean the fridge.
Reply to
John Stafford

and maybe time to buy new underwear!

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Meh. This pair is just starting to get comfortable.

Reply to
Roger Ivie

yep, the fine line between "worn-in" and "worn-out" is very blury when it comes to comfort...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You dont clean them, just turn them inside out John

Reply to
John

It is discouraging to me to know that there are millions of men wearing underwear with MY name in them. (Ya gotta shop at JC Pennys to get that one.)

Reply to
John Stafford

nah, we go to the john, we don't wear it!...(yeah, I know you mean the last name...hahaha)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Edmunds.com thinks the Cars for Clunkers program is a bad idea. They predict that there will be only an increase from the 200,000 vehicles worth less than $4,500 that are currently traded for new vehicles every three months to 250,000 vehicles under the Cash for Clunkers program -- a 25% increase. The program period is from July 23-November 1. See the following article for the rest of their argument.

Here is a link below that explains the main details of the program. Notice the two links at the top of that web page. One link takes you to a list of eligible new vehicles you can purchase, and the other link takes You to a list of eligible used vehicles you can trade in. Note that the web page at the second link says, "Please note that almost all vehicles that are model year 1989 or earlier have a trade in value of less than $4,500, and for that reason we have not included them on this list."

-- Randall

Reply to
Randall

Is Edmunds the only one that thinks it's a bad idea? I hope not.

The Cash for clunkers takes cars to the crusher. Not to the junkyard to recycle the parts to vehicles that can use them. Effectively cutting the ones that are left outta psare parts at the junkyard.....

All them Cool Treehuggers are at it once more,.... that's all. They figure a way to legislate "their opinions" into law, and we all lose our hobbies and livelihoods. They suck (tree huggers do).

Now if we could only figure out how ot get them to use the vaccum to clean houses instead of limiting what others are able to "get by on".....

Reply to
MUADIB