Devilbiss Air Tools

Hi all,

I googled this topic and couldn't find anything recent, so here goes. Sorry if this is a worn out topic...

I know about Devilbiss paint guns, but does anyone have any experience with their air tools? There's a set available at Sam's with an impact wrench, ratchet, air hammer, and "rotary tool" (looks like a die grinder) along with all of the handy pieces for tire inflation, blow guns and fitting etc. for about $70. It kind of looks like some offshore manufacturer just paid to use the name.

Now, I would never consider this kit for the impact wrench. It would be tough to convince me that any impact 1/2" wrench for less that $70 would be very good. I have a Chicago Pneumatic so I don't care about it, but I'm wondering if the other tools are good enough for occasional use. From my perspective, all the ratchet and grinder have to do is spin, but I want to use the air hammer with tie-rod spreaders etc. I don't need super performance, but I do need them to work. If so it would be a good deal for me since the standard duty air hammer and modest ratchet from Ingersoll Rand would add up to about $80. Heck, the cheap impact could be my "won't break nuthin'" tool as long as it lasts.

Thanks, Tom M.

Reply to
Tom