Re: 20 percent off ANY Item at Harbor Freight

The catch probably is that AFAIK, Harbor Freight has house brands that nobody else sells. Electric power tools are branded Central Electric, pneumatic tools are Central Pneumatic, and hand tools are Pittsburgh. They do carry some Ingersoll Rand pneumatic tools.

In looking at their electric tools, the plastic tool body feels flimsier than on name brand tools like Milwaukee, Bosch, Dewalt, etc. and the tool seems larger and bulkier than a name brand tool with comparable capabilities. Craftsman power tools also tend to be a little bulkier.

I bought inexpensive tools for my son when he went to college, and a set of prybars for me. I've gotten a fair amount of use out of the prybars and have been happy with them. I got an Ingersoll Rand pneumatic angle die grinder (excellent), a Central Pneumatic pneumatic rotary cutoff tool (OK but bulky and uses a lot of air), and a long reach blow gun (works well). Overall, I've been happy with the limited tools I've bought there but I'd be leery of buying anything that requires a precision fit like screwdrivers, chrome sockets, wrenches, etc.

IMO, the stuff that Harbor Freight sells is OK for the shade tree mechanic, for tools that one only uses very occasionally, or where you are not that concerned about performance.

I believe that Ramadan just ended.

Reply to
Ray O