Deville Seat and Mirror Problems

I have an '01 Deville. There are two ongoing problems, one of which the dealer dealt with after a lot of hassle and the other which they can't seem to fix.

Last December the heaters in both front seats failed. They were repaired under warranty (GMPP) but, when I got the car back, the leather upholstery on both seats was unattached under the front portion. This causes the foam to hang out and the seat gives no thigh support. I just got the car back from the dealer after the third try to fix this. They say the plastic clips are worn and won't grab the frame. They want me to bring the car in again to get the leather guy in another time. Has anyone had experience with this problem?

The other situation is the passenger side exterior mirror. On the Caddy, the mirror, in addition to having remote adjustment also angles down when the car is in reverse, than corrects itself when the car is in drive. I complained the mirror was making "clunking sounds" when the car reversed. The dealer gave it back saying there was no problem. Subsequently, after the car backed out of the driveway, when shifted into drive, the mirror flew out of the housing and smashed against the passenger side window. The dealer finally replaced the mirror under GMPP, but not until letting me know it was impossible to have happened the way I say and that the mirror had to have been physically damaged. In other words, they'll take care of it as a courtesy, but they let me know I'm either an idot or lyer or both. The service writer and service manager actually argued in from of me as to whether I would have to pay anything. I think the worm gears were binding and that, when one gear froze, the pressure of the other plastic gears eventually caused the mirror to fly out. Can anybody tell me I'm not nuts?

Reply to
hvsteve