different gas, different gas mileage

The only thing BP and Shell have in common is being 'British' (Shell founded by a Brit, was then Anglo-Dutch for a hundred years, now nominally Dutch because HQ only in The Hague). Both shares traded in London (not only there).

BP is now bigger than Shell.

DAS

To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'

Reply to
DAS

There are some Shell and BP gas stations around here.The Wal Mart stores have MurphyUSA gas stations.There are quite a few other name brands of gas stations/convenience stores too that sell gas.Whenever I need gas, I stop off at whichever gas station of whichever brand name is the closest to me.I prefer the small independent name brand gas stations/convenience stores because I don't usually have to wait for a bunch of people ahead of me. I never have had any problems with water in the gas.The price of gas is going up, it must be because Spring time isn't far from now. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Royal Dutch owns Shell Oil Shell Chemical Pennzoil Ouaker State Motiva Enterprise is a joint venture between Shell Oil and Saudi Aramco.

When it comes to deep water offshore oil exploration, you will see Shell Oil, BP, Chevron-Texaco and many others team up in partnership to develop deep water wells in the Gulf Of Mexico.

Reply to
Licker

Again I have seen what 'looks' like an immediate drop as soon as I put chevron in. I had the "fastgas" stuff in and just before filling up I reset the mpg computer and drove the last mile. It ran up to over 24 mpg during that mile. Filled up with Chevron and since then I have tried over and over doing resets and driving a mile and the best I've been able to do is almost 22 but mostly it's barely breaking 20. I'm going to do the same thing on the next fill up except it will be the reverse, I'll do a "last mile" check on teh chevron and a first mile check on the fastgas.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

ammsoil 100-1. 1oz to 5 gallons. some guys are successful at 1oz to 10 gal, but not everyone.

some guys reporting up to an additional 4 MPG. cant confirm that personally.

Reply to
rob

Interesting that its Chevron.

My previous car ('08 Nissan Altima 4 cyl) regularly got two MPG less on any brand but QuickTrip. My new car ('09 Infiniti G37s), over the first 7700 miles, has gotten consistently 3 MPG less on any brand EXCEPT Chevron.

I use the mileage computer as a real-time reference, but do the actual calculations the old fashioned way (miles driven divided by gallons used).

It appears to me the variable is the cars themselves rather than the gas.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Gas comes from crude.There is an article in my snail mail April 2010 Popular Science magazine, part of that article shows a picture of a big geothermal drill rig in Switzerland.It says,,, Closed For Business.This geothermal drill in Swizerland was shut down after it caused 100 earthquakes in a week.

Those big earthquakes that have been happening around the World, I wonder if that drilling for oil/crude has anything to do with causing any of those earthquakes?

I know a tomboy gal who works offshore for Shell, she and some other tomboy gals used to live next door to me.Maybe I better clue her in? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin