Disappearing ATF

I have a 94 Mazda B4000 with a 4.0L. I have had to add a good bit of ATF but I can't see any leaks or puddles under truck. I just checked the engine oil level and it was way overfilled. No I did not put ATF in the wrong place! I drained the engine oil which looked pretty normal ie. no coolant leak. Could the ATF be leaking into the engine somehow. Thanks

Reply to
Ken Darnell

There is frequently a vaccum modulator on automatic transmissions.

Reply to
Stephen Bigelow

Not on that one. It's going somewhere. Was this a one time thing? DId you check it warm and level both times?

Stephen Bigelow wrote:

Reply to
Jim

tranny cooler in radiator leaking, check coolant for pink crap. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

hey guys,

My car met curb pretty bad a few weeks ago while sliding in the snow out of a parking lot. Anyways, my rim is smashed along the inside. The tire isnt leaking air, but when i got over 90 kmh, it started to really vibrate. Anything over 110 is very shaky.

I got my ball joints and tie rod connectors replaced a few months ago. Is it possible that i ruined one of these? Im really just too scared to get it checked out. No news is good news i guess.

The tire is kinda wobly shaped now, but feels fine in teh city. Does anyone know if its possible to get the inner rim reshaped? or is the scrap yard for me.

Also, do i need to get my car realligned?

thanks so much, sorry for all the questions, alex

Reply to
Alex Docherty

From your desciption you almost certainly need a new rim, plus I'd bet money you bent a tie rod at the least.

Mike

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson

You are concerned with expense so I would start with a replacement rim and perhaps the tire too as you say the tire is "wobly". If it still vibrates then go for the alignment check. I've torn up some wheels bad enough to rip the tire off the rim and the alignment was still OK.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community network homepage: