Dodge Dakota running hot

x-no-archive:yes

My brother has I think a 2002 Dodge Dakota with a 6 cyl engine. He says it started running hot then the check engine light came on. He said there are no leaks. I am assuming it is the thermostat. Where is the thermostat on this engine and is it hard to get to and change? What should I look out for? Could this just be the temperature guage sending unit?

Any advice is appreciated!

Reply to
carnut

Better use a radiator thermometer to verify if the engine is really running too hot. If it is... don't always blame the thermostat. Check the radiator for excessive lime build-up. Excessive mineral build-up can severely limit the heat exchange ability of the radiator and cause your exact problem.

Telstar Electronics