Electrical Problems/ Starter won't turn.... BWM 325is 1990

Hello

I have a 90 BMW 325is. I started up my car and noticed that I did not have power windows.

I drove the car about 5 miles and seemed to hear some "unusual noises" - but power and peformance were good.

I got home and turned the car off. Now the starter won't turn and I did smell something that smelled like burning wires.

Taking a quick look at the fuses, it doesn't seem like any of them are burned - but I need to look better.

Any ideas???? Could there be a relay that is prone to failure. My car has

230,000 miles.

All responses are appreciated.

- Ben

Reply to
Ben Martin

Did you try pressing the power window circuit breaker to the right of the steering column?

Were they the sort of noises that you hear if the key is jammed into the "START" position and never returns to "RUN," thus leaving the starter engaged?

Could be all kinds of things. Do the interior lights dim when you turn the key? Does the starter click? Can you pushstart it?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

It could be lots of things. Begin by checking the battery - Is it dead?

Reply to
« Paul »