Failure of electric component (maybe ignition switch) - BMW 325 1990

My brake lights went out a couple of weeks ago.

Then my power windows failed. Then my car failed to start.

Battery is good. Fuses are not blown.

I am thinking that my iginition switch shorted and maybe took out my fuseable link in the process.

Would a bad ingition switch cause brake lights and power windows to fail, and then later create a situation where the starter would not turn over?????????

All responses are appreciated.

- Ben

Reply to
Ben Martin

Sounds like your fusible link. Fix it first. Then contemplate causes.

Enoch Root