1995 Dodge Intrepid -- Electrical Problem??

Yesterday morning my car worked just fine. Then when I went to leave work that evening, it seemed like half the car wasn't working!!

The car still runs just fine, but here's what I have noticed so far that is NOT working... speedometer odometer gas gauge gear indicator RPM indicator power door locks AC cruise control

What would make all of these things quit working all at once???

These things DO work: power windows horn radio headlights blinkers breaklights

And the air bag light stays on...

We have checked the small fuses in the panel on the driver side, but they all look fine. A coworker of mine also checked some of the fuses in the engine and he said he couldn't find one that was bad.

Anyone ever seen this before?? Thanks for any help! I need my car!! Right now it's the only car I have, and I have to take my 6 month old daughter to daycare and she does not like that the AC isn't working! haha (thank god I can still roll down the windows!)

Sandy

Reply to
Sandy

While I don't have a chance to research very well at the moment, I'd check the fuses out under the hood... There is a block box on the drivers side fender-well that houses a number of larger fuses that control multiple items in the car. I'd start there... I'll try to research further, but hopefully that will be the culprit...

Reply to
FeMaster

Well it turns out that all of the fuses were fine. Had to have the computer replaced! Everything works fine now tho. Thanks for the help!

Sandy

FeMaster wrote:

Reply to
Sandy

Sorry to hear that... Ouchy... $$

Reply to
FeMaster

Yeah, it was $350 for parts & labor. Is that good or bad?? haha

Sandy

FeMaster wrote:

Reply to
Sandy

Guess it depends on how you look at it. The price doesn't sound bad based upon what I've heard others say, but then again, a price like that for a vehicle at that age isn't exactly good either...

:-)

Reply to
FeMaster