epsom salts in batteries

Two people have told me in the last week that they put a teaspoon of epsom salt in each cell of their car battery when new and their batteries have lasted for 7 years and 9 years. This is in an area were you are lucky to get 3 years from most batteries. Anyone here ever try this???

Reply to
AZGuy

The explanation I heard is that it prevents/reduces "sulfation" of the plates because of increased ionic concentration in the electrolyte.....

Pers> Two people have told me in the last week that they put a teaspoon of

Reply to
Ken Pisichko