Escort 93 overdrive problems

My ford escort 93 was fludded during heavy rain over a year ago. Due to the flud the car started to have some problems. When I drive on overdrive at

100km/h or more the car starts to loose speed after 15 min of drivng at high speeds. Then the car starts to shake if I hold the gas pedal but after i let go the pedal and give it even more gas the RPM slowly starts rising. Because I have to give it so much gas when it looses speed the car also eats a lot more gas on the highway even more then in the city. The car is automatic and it only happens on highspeeds so overdrive. I took the car to two different mechanics and both couldn't find the problem, if anyone knows or has experianced the same probem please tell me how to solve it. Thanks Andrey reply to snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com
Reply to
Andrey Z

Sounds like an ignition problem, like a heavy misfire under load. Spark plugs, plug wires, ignition module/coils would be the things to check..

Reply to
Robert Hancock