Ethanol and small engines.

Watching 5:00 PM local tv news.A guy who owns his own outdoor equipment business (lawn mowers and other equipment) said he is seeing more small engines that are damaged from ethanol.He said even a small amount of Ethanol added to gasoline can damage an engine. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Well, I have my doubts about his statement, as such. Almost all gasoline in the USA has ca 10% ethanol in it. What are you going to do, milk an oil well?

I have seen a lot of indications that small engines nowadays are not at all as good as what we used to buy. One very common brand in particular.

Is it possible that this guy is using this as an excuse for crappy engines?

Dont get me wrong. I am not in favor of gasohol, but that is, unfortunately what we have to work with in most cases.

Reply to
hls

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Yeah, right. And all these engines had an oil change every year and the gas tank cleaned every year along with the filter changed as per the manual. I get this image of a retired Doc Watson laughing hysterically: "more power! more power!"

Reply to
chuckcar