PSI for 35X12.50X16.50 LT?

Anyone know the correct PSI for BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A

35X12.50X16.50 LT tires? They are on an 86' F250. Obbviously there's nothing on the door jamb since these arent factory size and I am not sure what they should be at.

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
usshopkins

I use the chalk method to see where the best footprint is and base my air on that and the sidewall flex in turns. To get the best 'footprint' on my 33x9.5 BFG muds with my light 'glass CJ7, I need 26 psi. I find this too soft a feel on corners due to the tall sidewall, so run closer to 29-30 psi.

The tire shop installed them at 36 psi. I only had 4" of center tread touching the ground at that pressure!

The chalk method just means put a bunch of chalk marks across the tread and drive straight for a short ways. Then check to see how much chalk is left. You would be looking for 1/2" to 1" left on the outer edges for a 12.5" wide tire for a good footprint. You might have to compromise up in psi like I did for handling.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
usshopkins

Reply to
Shep

That's a good point. The chalk test I mentioned in my other post relies on a proper rim for the tire size.

Mike

Mike Romain