Ford Sync Software Version

Hello, all. As a recent purchaser of a 2011 Ford Focus with the Microsoft/Ford Sync system I was wondering if there is a way to display
the Sync software version number that is installed on my vehicle. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,
--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@itd.nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory
On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 06:48:02 -0500, J.B. Wood wrote:

It is probably hidden, but if you could get to the shell, you could type, "winver". Probably a version of Win7.
sctvguy1 wrote:

No, it's not Win7, it's an embedded offshoot of Windows    though. The Sync manual that came with the vehicle or can be downloaded from the Ford site will clearly show how to find the versions of all the firmware, they aren't at all hidden, they are clearly listed in one of the menu options along with the Sirius sat receiver IDs and whatnot.

Go here and register your vehicle. All data and updates available: http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/SupportContent/FeatureSupport.aspx
On 02/03/2011 06:48 AM, J.B. Wood wrote:

My thanks to all who took the time to reply and provide guidance. Turns out the info was in the Sync manual after all. The relevant information can be viewed on the dash display as both an "Auto Version Number" and an "FPN". The Auto Version Number appears to be the Sync software version and I'm guessing that FPN stands for Ford Part Number. Sincerely,