Ford Sync Software Version

Hello, all. As a recent purchaser of a 2011 Ford Focus with the Microsoft/Ford Sync system I was wondering if there is a way to display the Sync software version number that is installed on my vehicle. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Reply to
J.B. Wood

It is probably hidden, but if you could get to the shell, you could type, "winver". Probably a version of Win7.

Reply to
sctvguy1

No, it's not Win7, it's an embedded offshoot of Windows though. The Sync manual that came with the vehicle or can be downloaded from the Ford site will clearly show how to find the versions of all the firmware, they aren't at all hidden, they are clearly listed in one of the menu options along with the Sirius sat receiver IDs and whatnot.

Reply to
Pete C.

Go here and register your vehicle. All data and updates available:

ED

My thanks to all who took the time to reply and provide guidance. Turns out the info was in the Sync manual after all. The relevant information can be viewed on the dash display as both an "Auto Version Number" and an "FPN". The Auto Version Number appears to be the Sync software version and I'm guessing that FPN stands for Ford Part Number. Sincerely,

Reply to
J. B. Wood