FRAM oil filter

Well Rex... I am sure thats not Scotts fault... he probably didn't know that info you just mentioned....he probably thought Fram filters were/are Fram filters....

Fwed

Reply to
fweddybear

There is plenty of information, though, to know which filters are *not* best.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I think I have seen one failure, perhaps AC, but not on my car. It was on one of the company cars serviced at the company garage. When we pulled it off, it was DRY. There had never been a drop of oil through it...it had all bypassed.

Reply to
<HLS

"Dry"? Sounds like oil never managed to reach the filter at all.

Would that not have been a problem with a bypass valve in the engine block rather than a problem with the filter?

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

It was apparently a problem with that particular filter. We replaced the filter, and the new one worked as it should have. First time I ever saw this, and have never seen it since.

Reply to
<HLS

The bypass valve *may* be mounted in the filter in some applications, and you are correct, other times it's mounted in the block.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel