gaskets on thermostat housing GM 3.8

I have a 2004 grandprix with non turbo 3.8L it is leaking slightly from the thermostat housing to intake area. None of the autoparts stores seem to list a gasket for this. they show the rubber gasket for the thermostat, but not a thermostat housing gasket. But if you look for a replacement housing it seems to come with a gasket. Where can i find a gasket to fit the thermostat housing?

there was no gasket on this area when i originally took it apart. I did clean the area. I have not tried RTV yet but was saving that for a last resort. the parts stores show gaskets for the earlier 3.8's. are they the same?

bob

Reply to
bob

A Fel-Pro 35595 should work. Replacement thermostat housings for a 96 Regal and a 2004 Grand Prix lists the exact same number, and that gasket fits the Buick.

.