GM Cavalier 3.1L/V6 MFI Station Wagen 1991, Check Enginer Light Lit while Driving

GM Cavalier 3.1L/V6 MFI Station Wagen 1991, Check Engine Light Lit while Driving, this has just started to happen recently. Normally, it happens about 10 to 15 mins after starting driving from cold engine, the check engine light comes on for no obvious reason (the car still drive normally, no differences in the engine sound or anything else), and stay on for a few minutes and then went off. It has happened a few times in the past week, but did not happen for more than once for any particular day (20-30miles of driving on average).

Any thought or suggestions are welcom.

Reply to
sodrd8848

Have the vehicle scanned to find out what the code(s) are.

It means that an emissions related fault has been detected and recorded. There are hundreds of reasons for why this may happen.

Reply to
saeengineer

See my site below for instructions on retrieving diagnostic trouble codes.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Thanks for the info, but is there any simple way to get the codes out? Some cars have a test point that can be used to force the ECM to send out the code to dash, not sure about my cavalier, any ideas?

Reply to
sodrd8848

Robert already provided you with that info.

Here's the link to make it easier

saeengineer