GM Lemon Website

For those who are interested, and have not yet read about the situation with GM, DexCool, and sudden engine failures, the following site is worth a careful read:

Larry Smith

After reading all of these Dexcool / Manifold gasket problems with the

3.4L and other GM engines I now know why the dealers lots are CHOCK FULL of late model Pontiac Grand Am's.

Some, honest I might add, dealers have shown me the service history of the cars and virtually every single one of the 3.4l equipped cars have had problems with intake manifold or head gaskets.

As a side note, if you take a look at the sticker price of a Grand AM GT or GT1 and then take a look at what last years model is selling for used it is more than 50 percent less than sticker.

There is a reason for this.

I was looking at a 2003 GT Grand Am leftover with $4000 rebate and the dealer was willing to bargain another $2500 off that price, and maybe even more. Sticker was $23,400 (approx) so that is:

$23,400

-$4000.00

-$2500 ___________ $16,900

Something is wrong here for sure!

By contrast, I looked at a VW Jetta GLS Demo with 9k on it and they wanted $16,800 and wouldn't take a cent off it. Used Jetta's vintage 2000 sell for $13,500 with 30k on them. FWIW Ford Mustangs seem to drop like rocks in price as well. Don't even ask about Dodge/Chryslers.

I'm not trying to start a brand war here, but I have been actively shopping for a car for my daughter and I can easily see what models retain their value and what models do not.

Some of this is snob, yuppie appeal (I live in the Hampton's on L.I) but some of it is due to shit cars that smart buyers will not go near, like

3.1/3.4L GM's.

IOW don't try and buy a Mini-Cooper or Hummer here!!!

And I am not anti GM as I have a 92 Caprice with 307k on it and it STILL runs like a clock with original tranny and engine.

Reply to
psycho_pastrami