GM Steering Wheels

I have heard 3 car reviews where the size of the steering wheel in the new 08 Malibu is criticized as being too big. I have noticed this in many gm cars. Why does GM make their steering wheels so large?? I've compared them to the Nissan Altima and Honda Accord and GM's steering is very large compared to others. Tks.

Reply to
car crash

A larger wheel makes it easier to turn. don't know the real reason why they are larger though.

Reply to
m6onz5a