Screwed by a body shop

My niece did about 8k of damage to her 2006 Ford Escape.

After the fix, she could hear a noise coming from the front tire on the drivers side. That was the side that busted the tire.

She carried it back and the guy found nothing wrong. She took it back and he said it was the ball joint and it could have been wear and tear. He did fix that for free.

The noise remained. I took it to another shop and they said that the lower control arm was bent. The body guy says he fixed that. My sister is going to take the car back to give him a chance to look at it again today.

If he says that it was done after the wreck, shouldn't he be able to show an invoice for the part? I wonder if I can get a police to ask him to produce one?

Reply to
metspitzer

You can at least do a visual on the part to see if it's new. Hopefully they didn't get one at a salvage yard, but either way he should have an invoice if he did in fact purchase the part from somewhere.

Reply to
m6onz5a